The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD

Go down 
+7
FTY!|Darkened
4TaY|Gnu
Fty|lookin4luv
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|jtl94
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:39 am

WTF YOUR DLC'S ARE 800 POINTS?!?!?!?!?!?

OURS ARE FUCKEN 1200!!!!!! ;(

tell me your point/$ ratio...... We get 2100pts for £19/$31.50
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm

i think they're 800 at least? im pretty sure.

its 1600 for $20
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:55 pm

so that's £12.10 for 1600....

£12.10/16=0.75....
ans*21=£15.88.........

so you get yours cheaper than us......

so therefore your price SHOULD be more expensive than us......

if it's less than 1250, I'm in the right place to complain the XBL...... Cursing Ranter
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm

The map packs are definatly cheaper on the xbox than the PS3
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:58 pm

even so!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having to pay like 25% more than you guys, and for what!?!?!?!?!?!?!

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Angry Dude
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:00 pm

CoD DLC is 1200 points a pop, other DLC is usually 800
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:22 am

well still..... you get it about $5 less than us from the rate of the points cards......

I'm not happy..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:00 pm

ugh.....

right now I'm getting SERIOUSLY fed up with this zombiez map..... reason? I know it's what's gonna stop me from regaining my 100%.... Angry Dude

the achievements are just rediculous.... I mean the blowing up a dude takes time and luck with the box - I'm ok with that. The killing 10 guys from 100 yards away with the scavenger is probably just about possible; I'm ok with that too. Hell, even the killing of George can be done if you're lucky enough to get a PaP scavenger, and just a crawler in an early round. HOWEVER: the paradise cheevs are STUPIDLY difficult!!! To complete them, what you have to do is essentially the rediculously long winded, in depth, difficult, time consuming, money consuming, grenade and ammo consuming easter egg side mission, all the while trying to survive each round..... Now there are different easter eggs for solo & co-op, hence the 2 different cheevs; with solo possible to complete in 15 rounds if the box is VERY kind; and the co-op in 25-30 if the box is equally kind. However, the concentration needed for some of the things in the easter egg are rediculous, and considering that at such high levels, it's hard enough as it is surviving on that map; these only make it even harder.....

I am NEVER going to get my 100% back......

Sad

RaMmY; I need your help bud...... Sad
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:32 pm

top- alright. i never really paid that much attention. just knew the $20 card would cover it.

kemp- ill be getting it sometime. no idea when though.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:16 am

well, i have never used sony 'points' i just go to the store and buy it a cash value.

now, i can understand in britan cuz the pound is not equil to the dollar, BUT here, each point should be worth $1, i hate it when they try to confuse you with random points for dollar conversions...

i think the idea is that the map packs should add to the cost of the game -25%

so game costs $60
map packs 1,2,3 cost $15

then release new game, but i am surprised, they dont just keep releasing map packs for the older games, seems like free money for the developers, even if they had to hire extra people to design the maps, it would be great for rookie programmers. im sure when you average development costs DLC cost about 1 cent per download, and they make 14.99, with NO OVERHEAD...

Anyway...am i missing the section where you all comment on da new maps? WTF? ill look back....but all i see is discussion of price....
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:10 am

well then I appreciate your ignoring of me..... Doh!

to summarise AGAIN: Hotel - excellent
map with closing doors which i forget it's name - fairly good
zoo and other map with the road and stuff - AWFUL

zombiez - quite frustrating, and the cheevs for it are rediculously difficult.

Not a great mappack again then, but meh.... it's to be expected I suppose.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

"Not great" sums blops up altogether.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:59 am

JT - we already know you're not a fan of blops...so stating it again here is kinda pointless??

I think kempo is commenting on blops maps, not mw2 ones....

why is zoo rubbish? looked quite good from trailer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:08 am

because the following reasons;

1) The colours are so fucken bland and grey and samey (don't call me a woman at this point, here me out), so it's often difficult to pick out your man, as apposed to other maps where there is a stark contrast between player and background.
2) There are too many high points on the map. This makes it a camp haven, and so expect to see plenty of snipers, or faggots with M16s just sitting up in windows all over the place trying to pick you off.
3) The map is very direct. Crossing the map, there are only 3 real ways of making it (unless you want to risk suicide by climbing upon the monorail line, which 1 means that a camper with a claymore will probably try to kill you, so you're forced to waste a flashbang/concussion, and 2 means that you're an easy open target to those below); going far left through this little room with glass either side, going far right which essentially takes you to exactly the same place - left back flank of the map, or directly through one of the two alleys right into the centre courtyard. There's a building overlooking all of this, so if you start on that side, it's easy to camp like a goodun and for people in one window to take those from the centre, and the other window to take those from the left. If you spawn on the other side, it's often difficult to get over there without dying.
4) And most of all - it's a zoo without a single animal in it. MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

In summary - not a very good map at all..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:49 am

I agree that if there arent many animals its a pretty poor zoo...

but really??? kempo you are a woman. not enough contrast in colours? not the right kind of terrain? lol., i bet real soldiers dont complain of that!!!
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:14 am

I bet they do.......

Dude.... a target in camoflage is a hell of a lot harder to hit than one in bright contrasting colours.....
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:23 pm

lol real soldiers probably would complain about that. those in the army at least.

contrasting colors are good for shooters, that way those who don't have such good eyesight can still see enemies as well as those with hawk eyes.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I love all the multi plyer maps.. Kemp Use the zip lines in zombies.. trust me...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:17 am

which xbox did you get ram? the new black one? can i ask how much it cost with game, subscription and console? i wanna compare here in uk
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:41 am

I hear the new zombies is stupid hard....
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:19 am

Gnu.. The large new black xbox I found in the states for $299.99 with BO.. The xbox live for a year was $60.... SO I had about $360 complete..

Heavey.. YES the new zombies.. IS STUPID HARD..

I did get the golden rod last night with a group of guy the gave me some sweet achievements... (similar to the death machine easter egg on Acension, except in this map one charachter recieves the wonderwaffle) We did make it to 16 which was the best so far for me.. The map is huge.. and addicting.. Just tough to get a sweet foursome together to get a REAL ROUND in..

Last edited by Fty|RaMRod on Mon May 09, 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:28 am

LOL - an xbox 360 for $360....oh the irony!

well dlc here is £11.99. how much is 1200 xbox points? £10.99. so its cheaper only by £1.

i still think cost of ownership vs quality of gameplay vs services (when running normally) is better value on ps3...

how do you find gameplay ram?
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:29 am

360 gamers are more hardcore, much more of a Call of Duty based community. THe 360 suits the needs of those playing "generic" shooters so to speak.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:35 am

ok, thats a fair enough viewpoint heavey. I must admit i play a large variety and do much more on my ps3 than play games.

eg watch my hi def blurays (including 3d if required), watch catch up tv on demand, pron (did you know you could get bluray pron?), connect my psp and watch downloaded content in bed or wherever, and obviously chat to friends or just play offline
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:02 am

I don't think that's neccessarily true.....

360 gamers probably are more hardcore than 3ers, but it's certainly not a CoD exclusive console..... I mean FPS' and third person shooters are the games of choice on the 360, simply because they run better on the console, and have a more effective button layout for those kinds of games.... hence why you get huge CoD followings, Gears followings, Halo followings etc. etc. it's CERTAINLY not only CoD though, because to be honest there is a much larger following of both gears and halo.
That being said, I've always personally thought that sports games are much better on the playstation than the XBOX. For much the same reason really; the button layouts make it much easier to do certain things on the playstation than the XBOX, and they often run alot smoother.
The reason? It's all about what console the developer originally tests the game on. Companies such as EA often use the playstation, and port over to other consoles, whereas activision use the XBOX and port over to other consoles; so really it's to be expected...

But still...

let me go through your list Gnu;

Blurays - No; the xbox obviously can't run them - hence why the PS3 is so expensive in the first place - they have a bluray inplanted in the thing when the 360 doesn't... and besides... the bluray is designed and made by Sony, so don't ever expect to see that in one of microsoft's machines.... It does however run normal DVD's, but I suppose that if you're seriously into your films that will not suffice... Personally though.... it's perfectly good for me...

Watch catchup tv on demand - Well the 360 has 2 apps for this; Sky player, which obviously needs a sky subscription, but allows you to watch a range of live sky channels, or on demand programmes; and Netflix, which similarly needs a subscription, but allows you to watch loads of TV shows and movies and stuff like that - ask Q; he's ALWAYS on it.... Rolling Eyes

porn - first of all, really? Secondly, You mean like disks and shit, or straight off an internet programme on the PS3? If an internet programme; that's not available on the 360, but isn't that what your computer's for?... scratch

PSP connectivity - Obviously not possible with the 360, because it's not a Sony console, so there's not much I can say about that. The 360 does however have microsoft phone connectivity, if you have one of those, although if you went through with the Galaxy purchase, then this'll obviously be useless...

Playing offline - Obviously possible on 360

Chatting with friends - Now I can tell you now that this is MUCH better on the 360 than the PS3... Reason? The PS3 chat system is limited to people playing on the same game... The 360 private partaé chat system allows you to chat with as many people as you want, regardless of what game the people in your partaé are playing. I.E. Say that I'm playing Mafia II, and Bloody's playing Madden 11, which is sometimes the case; we can still chat regardless, and even invite JT who's playing some Red Dead Redemption. The PS3 cannot do this.

As for other games being better on the PS3; I too disagree with this.... There is VERY little difference between the two consoles apart from the aforementioned shooter and sports genres... All other games run practically identically in my opinion....

I think that prices are ever so slightly more expensive for the 360, but only slightly.... The reason for this isn't the online, because it pretty much balances out the price gap between the consoles anyway, so there's no price issue there; the thing where price is occassionally more expensive however is for some of the games. I have found that PS3 games are occassionally cheaper by a couple o pounds, which annoys me, because as I said before; they generally run identically on both PS3 and 360, so I see no reason for the difference in price.... saying that; if you say that the DLCs on the PS3 are more expensive, then I guess it levels itself out....

Overall.... There's no real purpose in argument over which console's better....

I think they're as good as one another in practically every single way.

It's just all about what sort of games you're looking to play, and the people who you want to play with which in my eyes are the main reason behind choosing one over the other.

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
Chatting with friends - Now I can tell you now that this is MUCH better on the 360 than the PS3... Reason? The PS3 chat system is limited to people playing on the same game... The 360 private partaé chat system allows you to chat with as many people as you want, regardless of what game the people in your partaé are playing. I.E. Say that I'm playing Mafia II, and Bloody's playing Madden 11, which is sometimes the case; we can still chat regardless, and even invite JT who's playing some Red Dead Redemption. The PS3 cannot do this.

Totally agree with you on this feature - definitely frustrating. But then I suppose if i were to skype everyone...? meh, idk, I guess it is personal preference and I think you have given quite a balanced answer.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:56 pm

YEah but I don't want to have to use 2-3 electronics to make things work. I think it should work within the console, eh?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:14 am

The party chat on the xbox is definatly a kool prek..
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:33 am

My biggest gripe with the 360 is that I have to plug my controller into my headset. Its not horrible but def something Im not used to.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:36 am

Yeah thats suck.. We shoulda got the px31's

are you running HDMI?? I can't get game audio when I run the HDMI. I need to buy some cord I can't find..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD   BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLACK OPS MAP PACK!!!! :DDDD
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next